Gdynia ferry port in Poland connects you with Karlskrona in Sweden with a choice of up to 16 ferry crossings per week. The duration of the Gdynia to Karlskrona crossing is from 10 hours 30 minutes and the crossing is operated by Stena Line.
Gdynia is a city in the Pomeranian Voivodship of Poland and an important seaport at Gdansk Bay on the south coast of the Baltic Sea. The first known mention of the name "Gdynia" was of a Pomeranian (Kashubian) fishing village, in 1253. Oksywie, now part of Gdynia, was mentioned even earlier in 1209. It was there that the first church on the Polish coast was built. In 1380 the owner of the village which became Gdynia, Peter from Rusocin, gave the village to the Cisterian Order, so in the years 1382–1772 Gdynia belonged to the Cistercian abbey in Oliwa. In 1789 there were only 21 houses in the village.
In 1870 the village of Gdynia had some 1200 inhabitants, and it was not a poor fishing village as it is sometimes described. It was a popular tourist spot with several guest houses, restaurants, cafes, several brick houses and a small harbour with a pier for small trading ships.