Helsingor ferry port in Denmark connects you with Helsingborg in Sweden with a choice of up to 70 ferry crossings per day. The duration of the Helsingor to Helsingborg crossing is from 20 minutes and the crossing is operated by Scandlines.
Helsingor is a town in Frederiksborg County on the northeast coast of the island of Zealand (Sjælland) in eastern Denmark. The origins of the town can be traced back to the first half of the 13th C. After the Norwegians had burned down the settlement in 1288 King Eric of Pomerania began, in 1420, to build a new castle on the outermost spit of land; this castle was called "Krogen" or "Ørekrog". In 1426 the town was granted its charter. Eric introduced tolls for vessels passing through the Oresund; both banks of the channel then belonged to Denmark and every ship which sailed through the Sound had to pay a toll accordingly. Helsingor possesses a shipyard as well as engineering, brewing and textile industries. A rail ferry plies across the Øresund to Helsingborg. The town is divided into an inner district, a northwestern and a northeastern area where, on a peninsula, stands Kronborg Castle.