The Leros Lipsi ferry route connects Dodecanese Islands with Dodecanese Islands and is currently operated by 2 ferry companies. The Blue Star Ferries service runs up to 1 times per week with a sailing duration of around 55 minutes while the Dodekanisos Seaways service runs up to 8 times per week with a duration from 25 min.
So that’s a combined 9 sailings on offer per week on the Leros Lipsi route between Dodecanese Islands and Dodecanese Islands. Compare now and get the best fare at the time that you want to travel.
The Greek island of Leros is one of the Dodecanese islands that are located in the Aegean Sea, and is around 200 km from the port of Piraeus. Leros is close to the neighbouring islands of Patmos, Lipsi, Kalymnos, Agia Kyriaki and Farmakos. The small island, measuring around 74 sq. km, has a population of just under 8,000 residents, which doubles during the summer in order to cater for visiting tourists. The beaches of Partheni and Blefouti in the north of the island are popular with tourists, as are the beaches of Gourna, Kokali and Ayia Isidoros on the west side of the island and the large bay of Alinda in the central eastern part of the island. The bay of Alinda is also home to Pangias and Crithoni beaches. The picturesque port of Agia Marina lies to the south east of the bay of Alinda, which is around a 10 minute walk to Platanos, the heart of the island.
The journey time from Piraeus to the island by ferry is around 11 hours. Leros also has also daily connections by conventional ferry and hydrofoil to most of the Greek islands of Dodecanese like Patmos, Lipsi, Samos, Kos, Rhodes, Symi and Nisyros. There are also weekly connection to some of the islands of the Cyclades like Syros and Amorgos.
Lipsi is a Greek island that is one of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies between the island of Patmos and the island of Leros. The island, which can trace its history back to prehistoric times, is the largest island among a complex of smaller islands and islets and collectively form part of the Natura network. The island as we know it today was founded in 1669 by a Cretan named Illias and was later officially united with Greece in 1948. Popular attractions on the island include the Church of Aghios Ioannis, Theologos which is located next to the Town Hall and Museum. Contained within the church you can see the icon of Panaghia the Mavri (the Black Madonna) which dates back to around 1500. Also of interest to visitors is the Ecclesiastical Folklore Museum which contains some ecclesiastical relics and a small archaeological collection. Also of interest is the Panaghia of Haros, which dates back to 1600, which is situated around 1.5 km from Lipsi Town and is where you can see the only icon in Greece depicting the Virgin Mary holding the Crucified Jesus in her arms instead of the infant Jesus.