Paldiski ferry port in Estonia connects you with Kapellskar in Sweden with a choice of up to 6 ferry crossings per week. The duration of the Paldiski to Kapellskar crossing is from 10 hours 35 minutes and the crossing is operated by DFDS Seaways.
Paldiski is a town and Baltic Sea port situated on the Pakri peninsula of north-western Estonia. Located some 45 km west of Tallinn, Paldiski is a municipality within Harju County. Originally a Swedish settlement known as Ragervik, it became a Russian naval base in the 18th century. The Russians renamed it Baltiyskiy Port (Baltic Port) – in 1762, and the Estonian pronounciation, Paldiski, became the official name in 1933. In 1962, Paldiski became a Soviet Navy nuclear submarine training centre. With two land-based nuclear reactors, and employing some 16,000 people, it was the largest such facility in the Soviet Union. Because of its importance, the whole city was closed off with barbed wire until the last Russian warship left in August 1994. Russia finally relinquished control of the nuclear reactor facilities in September 1995. Today Paldiski is also a training-center for Estonian peacekeeping forces.