The Patmos Lipsi ferry route connects Dodecanese Islands with Dodecanese Islands and is currently operated by 2 ferry companies. The Blue Star Ferries service runs up to 1 times per week with a sailing duration of around 50 minutes while the Dodekanisos Seaways service runs up to 6 times per week with a duration from 20 min.
So that’s a combined 7 sailings on offer per week on the Patmos Lipsi route between Dodecanese Islands and Dodecanese Islands. Compare now and get the best fare at the time that you want to travel.
Located in the Aegean Sea, the Greek island of Patmos is part of the Dodecanese group of islands. It is one of the most northerly islands in the Dodecanese and lies just off the west coast of Turkey. Patmos' capital is the town of Chora and its port is in the town of Skala. The island, which is also known as the "island of the Apocalypse" is popular with tourists from around the world. However, there is more to the island than this. It is a pretty island with traditional whitewashed houses, crystal clear waters, excellent food and a thriving nightlife.
The Cave of the Apocalypse, a major visitor attraction, is reputedly to have been the cave where Saint Ioannis heard the voice of God and wrote the Apocalypse. In the cave, visitors can see the cross engraved by Saint Ioannis along with three small cracks on the rock through which the voice of God came, symbolising the Holy Trinity.
Patmos is connected by ferry to Piraeus, the other islands of the Dodecanese, and also with other islands of the Aegean Sea, like Samos and Ikaria. The ferry from Piraeus takes about 7 hours to reach the port of Patmos. The journey to the nearby islands of the Dodecanese take about 1-1.5 hours, while the trips from Ikaria or Samos take a little longer.
Lipsi is a Greek island that is one of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies between the island of Patmos and the island of Leros. The island, which can trace its history back to prehistoric times, is the largest island among a complex of smaller islands and islets and collectively form part of the Natura network. The island as we know it today was founded in 1669 by a Cretan named Illias and was later officially united with Greece in 1948. Popular attractions on the island include the Church of Aghios Ioannis, Theologos which is located next to the Town Hall and Museum. Contained within the church you can see the icon of Panaghia the Mavri (the Black Madonna) which dates back to around 1500. Also of interest to visitors is the Ecclesiastical Folklore Museum which contains some ecclesiastical relics and a small archaeological collection. Also of interest is the Panaghia of Haros, which dates back to 1600, which is situated around 1.5 km from Lipsi Town and is where you can see the only icon in Greece depicting the Virgin Mary holding the Crucified Jesus in her arms instead of the infant Jesus.